I can't believe I haven't posted anything in almost 3 weeks. When I don't have any chapters o post it dies down around here. Instead I have been working at my sewing machine; making curtains, mugrugs, pillowcases and on Pinterest and Fabric.com planning my next project and handy little duffle bag. I'm just finishing up a math course I need as a pre-requisite to get into Nursing school (98% thank you very much) and pretty much same old same old, mommy, wifey things. But....I did come across a picture on Pinterest that I wanted to share. Remember a post I did a month or so ago about a movie and who would play my characters. Well I found someone who comes close to to my vision of Davn.
It's (seriously) one of my favorite days of the year. Today is a glorious celebration of all the great contributions women have made throughout history and a reminder that there is still a long way to go before we have reached equality not just globally but right here in Canada/US. I don't like getting too political but there are so many women who have done amazing things, go ahead and Google it. You would never believe the things you use every day that were created/made possible by women. Inventors, scientists, doctors, leaders, warriors and simple women who have risen to extraordinary challenges. The most amazing part is that many of these accomplishments came about in a time period where women were considered property. They had little to no rights, little access to: higher education, jobs, training, money, power or respect. Everything was against them and still they succeeded. Well done ladies! I want every woman and girl who reads this to remember that you can do anything! Anything. Don't let anything or anyone hold you back. And remember we are all in this together. The more other women succeed the more we can all succeed. We pave the road for each other, so help out where you can. Support women's causes.Support women writers, support women doctors and realtors and lawyers and plumbers and electricians and auto mechanics and scientists. You never know where the next great invention will come from, chances are it will be the girl next door.
These are fun:
1. Favorite band/singer? Katy Perry
2. Least favorite band/singer? Nickelback (or anything country)
3. How many books did you read last year? About 8 I think
4.Favorite old school movie? The Breakfast Club...ooooh or Clerks.
5. Biggest goal? Write book 2 and 3 and then three other books from a different series.
6. Chocolate Almonds or chocolate raisins? definitely Raisins
7. Hiking or canoeing? Canoeing
8. Dogs or cats? Cats
9. Movies or TV. TV
10. Married or Single? Married
11. kids or pets? Oh come on that's impossible to choose. I'll take both.
12. Least favorite household chore? Cleaning up any mess that isn't mine. Seriously, I'm not the maid.
13. Biggest pet peeve. Being asked the same question over and over.
14. Most attractive physical feature in others. I like face structure, cheek bones and stuff.
15. Most attractive personality trait in others. Hmmm that's a tie between integrity and considerateness. (I'm surprised that's actually a word.)
16. One thing you would take to a deserted island. My husband. He's incredibly good at survival stuff.
17. Hobbies. Horses, writing, and I'm becoming obsessed with my sewing machine.
18. Kinky or sweet? sweet
19. Inny or outy? Inny
20. Australia or Europe? I really want to see Australia someday but I could live without it. I have to go to Europe before I die though. I just have to.
Copy and paste yours into the comments.
Available Now at all e-retailers.
Start reading now under the link above.
Or Buy Now directly from me
Hi, it's great to have you at my site. Blogging about writing, books, and publishing. Have a bit of fun and check out my book, AMARANTHINE! I'll post new pages every Friday.
Amaranthine: Eternally beautiful and unfading; everlasting.
The Amaranth flower is a mythical flower that never dies.